Saturday, January 30, 2010

Transitions take time...

People keep asking me what comes next.  There are times in life when you simply have to keep your focus on NOW - doing what is before you with as much excellence and integrity as you can - deliberately funneling all your energy and focus into the present.  This is one of those times. 

We are in the process of closing down some websites and moving others.  None of it is an easy process.  All of the Together We Can Change The World sites will be out of operation for 1-3 weeks.  The domains still work and people can still access them but until everything has been moved they won't be fully operational.  It's not just as simple as moving a website from one Server to the next.  Because all of them were "Replicating websites" for all our members, the coding has to all be changed before we can fully use them.  It will all get done; it will just take a little while. :) 

I so appreciate all the letters that have been sent.  What stands out to me more than anything is that we still have so many people who are continuing to carry the TWCCTW vision and message.  This morning I was thinking about all the time we spent during the last 3 years of building and running My Power Mall.  There are some who probably think that time was wasted; I know better.  Nothing is ever wasted in your life.

What you, or others, may consider failure is really just a part of the journey you are on.  Each experience provides lessons and opportunities.  What may not make sense right now will make sense in the future as you look back with much greater clarity than you can possibly have in the midst of the situation. 

I have no regrets about the last 3 years.  The lessons learned, the relationships built, and the wonderful things accomplished will always overshadow any frustrations or disappointments.

Thousands of Non-Profits that received funding, changing the lives of 20 Ugandan AIDS orphans (the SIFA Choir), empowering thousands to make a difference with their lives, and helping so many members through tough times.

I also know My Power Mall was just a step on a long journey.  So much good is still to come from the last 3 years.  I'm glad you are here for me to share it with.  I'm glad you're here to still be part of it.  There are so many exciting times ahead!

But for now, I'm returning to the Present.  I've made a personal commitment to respond to each email that has been sent to me.  I've still got 100+ to go (even after 2 days of non-stop emailing) so I'm going to get back to it.  PEOPLE are always the most important aspect of whatever you are doing.  I don't intend to ever forget that!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Ginny